Treat yourself to something extra yummy, fresh, AND local this Cinco De Mayo!
Take a peek at this recipe from our Conscious Kitchen chefs for roasted cauliflower tacos with basil cilantro sauce — using Conscious Kitchen X Tomatero Farm Box fresh, organic, seasonal offering.s
By Conscious Kitchen Executive Chef Guillaume
Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Basil and Cilantro Sauce are delicious AND nutritious!
- 1 cauliflower
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning (or blend of 1 tbsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp onion powder, 1 tbsp paprika, 1/2 tbsp cumin)
- 1/2 cup oil
- Salt and pepper
Wash and cut the bottom leaves of the cauliflower. Slice thick 1-inch “steaks” of cauliflower, then toss in seasonings to coat. Heat a sauté pan and add oil. Sear cauliflower on each side for 3 minutes. After you flip, add water to steam until tender. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- 1 bunch basil (picked, blanched, dry, cut)
- 1 bunch cilantro (picked and chopped)
- 6 oz pepitas (roasted)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder, or 2 cloves of sautéed garlic
- 1 cup oil (more or less for consistency)
- 1 tbsp salt
- Add all to a blender and blend!
Finally, top your favorite organic tortilla with roasted cauliflower and sauce. Enjoy!