Conscious Kitchen and Alice Waters Institute have launched FLOSN WEEKS from November 13th through December 8th.
Find FLOSN recipes with nutritional information that you can create in your schools
Nutrition Services Leaders
Read about the amazing work Food Service Teams are doing in school districts across California.
Discover our local farmers and producers growing organic foods with Climate-Smart Agriculture
We cordially invite Nutrition Services Directors of California and local organic Farmers to join us for a delicious FLOSN culinary experience.
What Choose a meal that you and your students love. Prepare it using fresh, local, organic, seasonal, nutritious ingredients sourced from local organic farmers and food businesses.
When Host a fresh, local, organic breakfast or lunch during FLOSN Weeks from November 13th through December 8th
Where In your schools’ dining halls.
Why It’s more than just a meal – it’s a commitment to the well-being of our kids, farmers, lands, communities, climate and the Earth.
- By eliminating pesticides, antibiotics and hormones in our food system, we support the health of kids, farmers, lands and communities
- School-supported agriculture is a massive lever to address climate change
- Organic food tastes better and has greater nutritional value
- Purchasing from small organic BIPOC farmers boosts local economies
Conscious Kitchen will assist nutrition services teams by…
- Offering procurement connections to local organic farmers and food businesses
- Providing materials to market this program including infographics and posters
- Compiling all recipes submitted and sharing with everyone
We would be honored to have you join us for FLOSN Weeks!