1. review materials
- Check out a video about the early days of Conscious Kitchen
- Read about our impact
- See answers to common questions
- Watch a Conscious Kitchen webinar
2. connect with our team
Each school and district is unique. Conscious Kitchen is here to help chart the best course forward for your community. The following are guideposts to be adapted through a collaborative process with our team. Get in touch with us at any point; we’re on this journey together!
3. complete the initial application
Let us know a bit about your school and interest in this program by filling out this initial application. We will follow up shortly!
4. engage school support
Share materials and explain the Conscious Kitchen concept, as you gather an initial group of supporters, including school administration, teachers, parents, principals. food services teams, and more.
5. assess your current food program
Gather information, eat and photograph a current school meal, and fill in this assessment form with details on the school food program.
6. host a site visit
We will arrange a school visit to lay the groundwork for a roadmap toward success, including garnering the support and permissions needed. We respect, appreciate, and celebrate each community and district’s unique character — and will collaborate to ensure a smooth, meaningful transition.
7. look ahead toward next steps
- Establish a Conscious Kitchen stakeholder group with parents, faculty, students, staff and key community partners to guide this program
- Meet with the principal/school head and district superintendent to discuss required permissions and approvals
- Present to Parent Board, Site Council and/or PTA to enlist support; consider organizing a tasting or educational event
8. formalize partnership with Conscious Kitchen
- Upon submission of materials and approvals, CK will initiate a Memo of Understanding (MOU); fees are based on project size and scope
- The formal process of developing the Conscious Kitchen program at your school will then begin
- In addition to a handbook with comprehensive instructions, CK will support, guide and train teams to operate a Conscious Kitchen!