When cooking with fresh, local, organic, seasonal, nutritious foods, the possibilities are endless.
Take a look at some of our tried-and-true Conscious Kitchen recipes, and let us know your favorites!
By Conscious Kitchen Executive Chef Guillaume
Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Basil and Cilantro Sauce are delicious AND nutritious!
What you’ll need for the cauliflower:
- 1 cauliflower
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning (or blend of 1 tbsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp onion powder, 1 tbsp paprika, 1/2 tbsp cumin)
- 1/2 cup oil
- Salt and pepper
Wash and cut the bottom leaves of the cauliflower. Slice thick 1-inch “steaks” of cauliflower, then toss in seasonings to coat. Heat a sauté pan and add oil. Sear cauliflower on each side for 3 minutes. After you flip, add water to steam until tender. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
What you’ll need for the sauce:
- 1 bunch basil (picked, blanched, dry, cut)
- 1 bunch cilantro (picked and chopped)
- 6 oz pepitas (roasted)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder, or 2 cloves of sautéed garlic
- 1 cup oil (more or less for consistency)
- 1 tbsp salt
Add all to a blender and blend!
Finally, top your favorite organic tortilla with roasted cauliflower and sauce. Enjoy!
*note – ingredient quantities are for bulk meals; quantities can be changed for the desired number of servings.
Quick, easy, and delicious – that’s what makes these beef burritos a top-notch choice for any night of the week!
What you’ll need:
- Sunflower oil
- 12 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups taco seasoning
- 50 12-inch whole wheat tortillas
- Brown jasmine rice
- 5 1/2 lbs cheese, grated
- Remove beef from packaging and place in a large bowl. Separate by hand so that it is loose and less compact. Heat pan over medium heat. Add oil to coat. When the oil is hot add ground beef, salt, and taco seasoning. Using a potato smasher, cook beef until fully browned. Drain cooked ground beef with a colander and set aside in a hotel pan.
- Make burritos by filling each tortilla with 4 ounces taco beef, 1 cup rice, and 2 ounces cheese, using spoodles to insure correct portions. Roll up the burrito. Cover with a wet towel and keep in warmer until ready to serve. Enjoy!